The Liberty City Police Department sets forth basic laws in order to allow players in GTA IV to experience as much fun as they wish, without the feeling like they are being limited from fun. Our laws are adaptive, meaning they may change over the course of time.
Civilians may disregard traffic lights, speed limits, and other standard traffic controls.
- Police will not chase civilians if they do not follow traffic controls. As far as the police department is concerned, we have more serious offenses to deal with. We often disregard traffic controls ourselves, so these are not of our concern. That said, civilians should beware the potential consequences and accidents that may occur should they choose to disobey traffic laws and traffic controls. Police are allowed to arrest or cite for wreckless driving if a civilian has caused damage to government property. Consequently, accidents with police caused by negligent or wreckless driving is an offense that officers can arrest for. Any accidents caused by police will be noted, and the department will cover the cost of damage and, if applicable, the cost of any medical expenses directly resulting from such an accident.
Cheaters or "modders" are not permitted or tolerated.
- In accordance with the GTA IV's Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct located at www.rockstargames.com/legal, as well as our own organization policies, members of the Liberty City Police Department play fairly and are not authorized to cheat. Civilians are no exceptions. Civilians found modding or cheating will be cited accordingly.
- Note to police personnel: Due to the incendiary nature of many cheaters, standard policy is to cite cheaters and move-on (do not attempt an arrest). Follow standard procedure for citing a subject. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO NOT REPORT CHEATERS IN-GAME, due to many cheats automatically erasing reports and kicking those who submit them, causing undue stress and wasting valuable time. When filing the police report, you may file it as a citation or an arrest.
Civilians may fight with NPC Characters (AI civilians, police, etc) as they wish.
- These are not real people in the eyes of the police department and the police department serves real players, not NPC's or bots.
Civilians may possess and utilize one or more firearms or weapons of any kind.
- The police department is happy to honor the second amendment of the United States Constitution, which states \"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.\". While such language has certainly created considerable debate regarding the Amendment's intended scope, the Liberty City Police Department has no interest in violating the rights of civilians. Civilians are allowed to have any weapon they are able to afford, either with or without our knowledge. Please note however, that aiming a firearm or firing at a police officer is a crime, as-is firing at a civilian unless for a specific reason, such as self-defense.
Civilians may not assault other players.
- Unless agreed upon that you and/or the persons involved are having fun by fighting each other, this is considered assault and civilians who engage in such activities may be arrested or cited by police. Civilians are permitted to defend themselves and retaliate against troublesome players, so if this is apparent, while police may wish to file a report of the incident, they are not likely to cite or arrest for it.
Civilians may cause havoc to the city, assuming it does not affect other players.
- Liberty City is massive and thankfully, much of it is duly repaired after leaving the scene for any reasonable period of time, thanks to the fact that it takes place in Grand Theft Auto Online. So if a civilian wants to cause havoc to the city and run from NPC police with a 5-star wanted level, who are we to judge? Civilians: feel free to knock yourself out.
Violations and Offense Levels
The table below shows a shortened list of violations in our system that members of the police department can issue arrests, citations, or warnings for, along with the severity of the offense. A felony is a serious crime, whereas an infraction is the least serious crime. A misdemeanor is more serious than an infraction, but not as serious as a felony. Note that the police department does not consider all of these violations that we charge for under normal circumstances, but they are here for sake of completion.
|AGGR ASSAULT CIV||AGGRAVATED ASSAULT ON A CIVILIAN||800||Felony|
|AGGR ASSAULT OFFICER||AGGRAVATED ASSAULT ON AN OFFICER||1000||Felony|
|AIDING PRISNR ESCAPE||AIDING PRISONER ESCAPE||100000||Felony|
|ASSAULT - VERBAL||VERBAL ASSAULT||25||Infraction|
|ASSAULT ON CIVILIAN||ASSAULT ON A CIVILIAN||50||Felony|
|ASSAULT ON OFFICER||ASSAULT ON AN OFFICER||100||Felony|
|ASSLT CIV DEADLY WPN||ASSAULT ON A CIVILIAN WITH A DEADLY WEAPON||500||Felony|
|ASSLT OFF DEADLY WPN||ASSAULT ON AN OFFICER WITH A DEADLY WEAPON||1000||Felony|
|BRIBE - GIVING||GIVING A BRIBE||500||Misdemeanor|
|BRIBE - OFFERING||OFFERING A BRIBE||250||Misdemeanor|
|BRIBE - RECEIVING||RECEIVING A BRIBE||500||Misdemeanor|
|CHEAT USE||USE OF A CHEAT||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - CASHSPWN||CASH SPAWN||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - CHNAME||CHANGED PLAYER NAME||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - CRASHPLY||CRASHED ANOTHER PLAYER||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - EXPLPLY||EXPLODED ANOTHER PLAYER||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - FREEZE||FROZE A PLAYER||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - INVINC||GOD MODE / INVINCIBILITY CHEAT||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - TPPLY||TELEPORTED ANOTHER PLAYER||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - TPSELF||TELEPORTED SELF||500000||Felony|
|CHEAT USE - XPBOOST||RANK BOOST CHEAT||500000||Felony|
|DAMAGE TO PROPERTY||PROPERTY DAMAGE / VANDALISM||500||Felony|
|DEFUNC HEADLIGHT||NON-FUNCTIONAL HEADLIGHT||50||Infraction|
|DEFUNC TAILLIGHT||NON-FUNCTIONAL TAILLIGHT||0||Infraction|
|DISORDERLY CONDUCT||DISORDERLY CONDUCT||25||Misdemeanor|
|DISTURBING THE PEACE||DISTURBING THE PEACE||300||Misdemeanor|
|DUI||DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE||1500||Felony|
|DWI||DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED||2000||Felony|
|EXPLOIT USE||USE OF AN EXPLOIT||0||Misdemeanor|
|EXPLOSIVE DETONATION||DETONATION OF EXPLOSIVE||10000||Misdemeanor|
|EXPLOSIVE USE||USE OF EXPLOSIVES||5000||Misdemeanor|
|FALSE REPORT||MAKING A FALSE REPORT||500||Felony|
|FIRE HYDRANT PRK VIO||PARKED WITHIN 15FT OF FIRE HYDRANT||150||Misdemeanor|
|FIREARM ATTACK CIV||FIREARM ATTACK ON A CIVILIAN||1000||Felony|
|FIREARM ATTACK OFFCR||FIREARM ATTACK ON AN OFFICER||2000||Felony|
|FIRING WEAPON||FIRING WEAPON||500||Infraction|
|FRAUD - IMPERSON||FRAUD - IMPERSONATION||500000||Felony|
|GTA - AIR MOTOR VEH||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT CAN FLY||600||Infraction|
|GTA - AIRCRAFT||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF AN AIRCRAFT||1000||Infraction|
|GTA - BICYCLE||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF A BICYCLE||100||Infraction|
|GTA - CAR||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF A CAR (SEDAN/SUV/ETC)||500||Infraction|
|GTA - COMMERCIAL VEH||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE||800||Infraction|
|GTA - MOTOR VEHICLE||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF A MOTOR VEHICLE||50||Infraction|
|GTA - MOTORCYCLE||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF A MOTORCYCLE||350||Infraction|
|GTA - OFFICIAL VEH||GRAND THEFT AUTO OF AN OFFICIAL/GOVERNMENT VEHICLE||10000||Felony|
|HANDICAP PARK VIO||HANDICAP PARKING VIOLATION||500||Misdemeanor|
|HARBORING ESC FUGITV||HARBORING AN ESCAPED FUGITIVE||100000||Felony|
|HIT AND RUN||HIT AND RUN||10000||Misdemeanor|
|HOMICIDE NEGLIGENT||NELIGENT/ACCIDENTAL HOMICIDE||500||Misdemeanor|
|KIDNAP ADULT||KIDNAP OF AN ADULT||250||Felony|
|KIDNAP MINOR||KIDNAP OF A MINOR||500||Felony|
|LIGHT OPER FAILURE||FAILURE TO PROPERLY OPERATE LIGHTS||250||Infraction|
|MOLESTATION OF MINOR||MOLESTATION OF MINOR||950000||Felony|
|MONEY LAUNDERING||MONEY LAUNDERING||500000||Felony|
|MURDER OF OFFICER||INTENTIONAL MURDER OF AN OFFICER||100000||Felony|
|NETVIOL - DDOS||NETWORK VIOLATION - DDOS||500000||Felony|
|NO PARK ZONE VIO||NO PARKING ZONE VIOLATION||0||Misdemeanor|
|NO VEH LICENSE PLATE||NO VEHICLE LICENSE PLATE||150||Infraction|
|OBS VEH LICENSE PLAT||OBSTRUCTED VEHICLE LICENSE PLATE||250||Misdemeanor|
|OBSCENITY||OBSCENITY / FOUL LANGUAGE||0||Infraction|
|OBSTRUCT CRIM INVEST||OBSTRUCTING CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION||350||Felony|
|OBSTRUCT POLICE||OBSTRUCTING POLICE||500||Felony|
|PRIVACY INVASION||INVASION OF PRIVACY||50||Felony|
|RECKLESS DRIVING||RECKLESS DRIVING||550||Misdemeanor|
|REFUS TO AID OFFICER||REFUSING TO AID OFFICER||0||Infraction|
|RESISTING ARREST||RESISTING ARREST||500||Misdemeanor|
|RESISTING OFFICER||RESISTING OFFICER||500||Misdemeanor|
|SEX OFFENSE||SEX OFFENSE||250||Misdemeanor|
|SEX OFFENSE DISABLED||SEX OFFENSE AGAINST A DISABLED||250||Misdemeanor|
|SEX OFFENSE ELDER||SEX OFFENSE AGAINST AN ELDERLY||250||Misdemeanor|
|SEXUAL EXPLOIT MINOR||SEXUAL EXPLOITATION OF A MINOR||950000||Felony|
|SIGNAL FAILURE||FAILURE TO SIGNAL||50||Infraction|
|SMUGGLE - DRUG||SMUGGLING OF A DRUG||0||Infraction|
|SMUGGLE - WEAPON||SMUGGLING OF A WEAPON||0||Infraction|
|SPEED05||SPEEDING - 5MPH OVER LIMIT||25||Infraction|
|SPEED10||SPEEDING - 10MPH OVER LIMIT||100||Infraction|
|SPEED15||SPEEDING - 15MPH OVER LIMIT||200||Infraction|
|SPEED20||SPEEDING - 20MPH OVER LIMIT||350||Infraction|
|SPEED25||SPEEDING - 25MPH OVER LIMIT||400||Infraction|
|SPEED30||SPEEDING - 30MPH OVER LIMIT||450||Infraction|
|SPEED35||SPEEDING - 35MPH OVER LIMIT||500||Infraction|
|SPEED40||SPEEDING - 40MPH OVER LIMIT||750||Infraction|
|SPEED40P||SPEEDING - 40MPH OR MORE OVER LIMIT||1000||Infraction|
|STATUTORY RAPE||RAPE AGAINST A MINOR||950000||Felony|
|STATUTORY RAPE FORCE||RAPE AGAINST A MINOR WITH FORCE||950000||Felony|
|SUSPENDED LICENSE||DRIVING WITH SUSPENDED LICENSE||500||Felony|
|SUSPICION||SUSPICION OF FORMER CHARGE||0||Misdemeanor|
|THREAT ACCUSE CRIME||THREAT TO ACCUSE OF CRIME||500||Misdemeanor|
|THREAT DAMAGE PROPTY||THREAT TO DAMAGE PROPERTY||500||Misdemeanor|
|THREAT INJURE||THREAT TO INJURE||500||Felony|
|THREAT INJURE REP||THREAT TO INJURE REPUTATION||500||Felony|
|UNINSURED VEHICLE||UNINSURED VEHICLE||600||Infraction|
|UNREGISTERED VEHICLE||UNREGISTERED VEHICLE||150||Infraction|
|UNROADWRTHY VEHICLE||UNROADWORTHY VEHICLE||250||Infraction|
|WINDOW TINT||WINDOW TINT BEYOND LEGAL LIMIT||150||Infraction|
|WITNESS INTIMIDATION||INTIMIDATING/DISSUADING A WITNESS||1000||Felony|
There are no comments to display.