Solved Launcher Crashing Immediately After Opening

cataclysm

Apr 24, 2016
So I've installed and uninstalled EIS a few different times now and each time when I run the launcher, the command prompt window flashes for a second then it says "EIS has stopped working..." and all that. I've tried restarting my computer, running as administrator and also tried running in compatibility mode. It is installed into the correct directory and I followed all the instructions on the download page.

Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Apologies for not seeing this sooner. However, we've responded to a number of support tickets and I cannot recall if you had submitted one. Was this issue resolved?

cataclysm

Apr 24, 2016
On 5/1/2016 at 11:23 PM, ClareXoBearrx3R9 said:

Apologies for not seeing this sooner. However, we've responded to a number of support tickets and I cannot recall if you had submitted one. Was this issue resolved?

Nope. I have never submitted a ticket I figured I might be able to get it resolved quicker just making a forum post.

cataclysm

Apr 24, 2016
On 5/13/2016 at 10:04 AM, ClareXoBearrx3R9 said:

Thanks for the response. Have you been able to install your license already?

Nope. I just do the initial install part then when I run the launcher it says it has stopped working.

Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Well that's a bummer. Is the Launcher being run as administrator? It does attempt to check registry settings on startup so if no license is installed, it is possible it may crash without correct permissions, although it should not happen. What OS are you running?

cataclysm

Apr 24, 2016
1 hour ago, ClareXoBearrx3R9 said:

Well that's a bummer. Is the Launcher being run as administrator? It does attempt to check registry settings on startup so if no license is installed, it is possible it may crash without correct permissions, although it should not happen. What OS are you running?

Yes I am running everything including Steam as administrator Also, I am running Windows 10

Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Alright. If you could share the event details from event viewer I'll take a look when I get a moment. I'm at the hospital with my father so I cannot make any guarantee for eta on support times atm.