Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Hello all,

Please take the time to report any and all bugs you've discovered in EIS here. I'll update this first post with all bugs reported and confirmed and will try to focus on fixing them for future releases, when time permits.

To submit a bug report, simply reply to this thread.

Please do NOT:

• Be vague and say say stuff like "<some feature> doesn't work". Instead, be specific, what "does not work"? Often users misinterpret features or actions and when they do not work or respond as expected, users considers wrongfully label the feature to be "broken", when in-fact it might be AOK / perfectly fine.
Please DO:

• Be specific, give details wherever and whenever possible.

• Provide steps to reproduce the problem, if possible.

• If the software is crashing, post your log contents where relevant to that gameplay session (that is, do not post your log of 2 months worth of logs-- rather, post the contents relating to around when you started playing for that session), if possible .

Known Issues

Known issues are listed below with one of the following prefixes:

• [ Not Fixed ]
    if the issue is known bug not yet fixed.

• [ Fixed ]
    if the issue has been fixed.

1. [ Not Fixed ]
    - NVDS Violators are sometimes reported twice in the in-game Administrative Console. This does not affect the NVDS Log, nor does it affect the report system or violator count. The issue is only visual.

2. [ Not Fixed ]
    - Sometimes under certain conditions, PSEC displays as Disabled in the EIS Dashboard even if it is enabled. PSEC is not affected and is still enabled when requested to be so and will continue to secure the player. The issue is only visual.

NotMyPSNgt

NTWT Member
PC
Aug 11, 2015
Precinct
27-PCT
Hi there,
Is the desktop shortcut to EIS supposed to throw up an error message?
Whenever I am in a session, it continuously pops up "ERROR: Cannot open logfile" or something similar to that.  And of course when I check my logs, they are empty.  GTA Is installed at the default, non-steam, location.  I installed EIS with Administrator privileges. Would you have an ideas on how to resolve this?

Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Hello,
The desktop shortcut is actually the EIS Utility Manager - it was unfinished so if it does throw an error message- please provide a screenshot with the message or paste it here. But generally speaking, the Utility Manager isn't a significant part of EIS and is planned to be deprecated in the next release (at least for now).
As for the log file issue, that is most-likely because you will need to run your game as-administrator. This is because the default installation directory requires administrator permissions to modify files in that location. So run the game as administrator and that should solve it. 
Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other issues! <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/default_smile.png.b74cdf22a8492b0fe07a807c85b54bfc.png

NotMyPSNgt

NTWT Member
PC
Aug 11, 2015
Precinct
27-PCT
The Run as Administrator worked.  I was under the impression that would cause the game to crash, found that with another mod.

Here is the error message

Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Thanks for the update and image detailing the error.

It is possible that you are missing a dependency required by the Utility Manager. The Utility Manager itself was not officially tested in Windows 10 (which appears to be what you're using) but nonetheless, it will deprecated in the next release <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.gif

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further problems <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.gif

pthieu1986

Sep 8, 2015
I'm not sure if this is a bug or it is intended.
v1.2.0 (build 905) 
When I loaded the game and open the Violation Menu (F10 + Left Ctrl), it listed me as a violator although I didnt have any mod menus in my game directory. Later, There was a guy coming toward me and throwing a sticky bomb on my kuruma so I enabled passive mode, drove back to my garage then drove out town again. I checked the Violation Menu and it listed me with a second violation. I noted down the violation codes as listed in the menu were:  887245A & 787245A.

Christopher

All in time.
Commissioner
Dec 3, 1997
New York
Precinct
27-PCT
Thanks for the report! I've taken note of this and will include a fix for it in the next update.